To nurture each student so they acquire the essential knowledge, skills, and dispositions to become lifelong, active participants in their own education, develop a sense of self and community and become responsible and compassionate members of society.
- LP1’s and LP2’s
- 6Cs Rubric
- Critical thinking
Our purpose is to help students become deep learners. It is not about teaching reading and writing but it is about becoming readers and writers.
- Each student will be proficient in Reading and Math by the end of 3rd grade
- Each student will be proficient in Reading and Math by the end of 6th grade (Integration?)
- Each student experience growth in his or her skills and dispositions
- Sucess criteria is learning from each other, not as a hammer.
- Tight: Collegiality and Experimentation
- Ridiculously clear about LP1s and targets (Sheet9s) with LP1’s target ladder, and assessment item
Area of Focus
- Believe each student CAN learn at high levels
- S.B.S.L. (K-1)
- Literacy Instruction (2-6)
- Lesson Studies (Numbers and operations)
- Effective Tier 1 Instruction (Quantity and Quality)
- Accept that all students don’t learn the same way and at the same speed
- Accept that no teacher possesses all the knowledge